About the Role
Picture your dream company or the one you have loved working for the most and imagine the opportunity of coming in on the ground floor of such a company and growing it into a world-renowned, recognizable brand!
To continue doing great work, we need an energetic people leader that wants to join a burgeoning team, in a fast-growing business that is passionate about helping to coach and develop people at the beginning of their sales career.
This role will give you the opportunity to hire and shape a fantastic growing team in the Sales Development organization. To be successful, you should pride yourself as a people leader first, but have a strong process-oriented style as well as a positive attitude which you use to influence those around you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Scale and manage a high-performing team of 8+ ADRs who consistently overachieve on aggressive goals and will become future AEs at Udemy.
- Own and drive execution of Udemy’s new business pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top-of-the-funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced across segments.
- Shape deep partnerships with Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Enablement, and People teams to successfully collaborate on new marketing campaigns and field events, meet stretch pipeline goals, optimize your business for efficiency, accelerating ramp time to productivity, and ensure your team has a crisp understanding of Udemy’s domain knowledge.
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain world-class ADR talent
- Build and coach high-performing ADRs to the next high-performing Corporate Account Executives.
- Leads through inspiration, service leadership and Udemy values
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- Have 2+ years of leadership experience with a track record of excellence leading high performing, pipeline generation, and closing organizations in a fast-growing high technology company.
- Are excited by attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining world-class talent early in their Sales and Management careers.
- Feel a deep sense of ownership, accountability, pride, and passion for your work
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis.
- Have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable.
- Have an obsession with being data-driven, highly analytical, lead through influence and are a structured thinker.
- Think big by working to achieve a deep understanding of predictable revenue models, mastery of sales development, and value selling practices as well as leadership philosophy and development.
- Love to teach, coach and enable through traditional and innovative approaches. You enjoy building slide decks with the latest pitches and the most updated examples from your team’s performance.
- Your favorite work playlist is not on Spotify but on the call recording software and you love providing feedback and bettering your team’s skills.
Compensation: Ranges from $130,000-145,000 (uncapped OTE with accelerators) + Equity + Benefits (see below)
We understand that not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your background isn’t perfectly aligned but you feel you would be a great addition to the team, we’d love to hear from you.
At Udemy, we’re all about improving lives through the power of learning. We are a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms with more than 54 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals. Talented people are everywhere, but opportunities can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by empowering our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
We are proud to be recognized for our world-class employee experience. Learn more about our Great Place to Work certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in the US, Turkey, Ireland, Australia, India, and Brazil. Learn more on our company page.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays throughout the year