About the Role
This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to help shape the future of the Commercial Customer Success team at Udemy for Business. We are looking for a highly strategic, data driven, people-focused manager who would be passionate about enabling a team of rockstar Customer Success Managers to achieve their potential.
In this role, you will be a part of the Commercial Customer Success organization, supporting the Americas (North and South America). Our portfolio represents 500+ customers and 10’s of millions in revenue.
Your team is responsible for the growth and retention of UFBs commercial segment, ensuring customers obtain maximum value and ROI when they partner with Udemy. You will coach and develop the team to align to and achieve customers’ desired business outcomes, drive senior executive engagement, build learning strategies to drive product usage, manage portfolio risk, develop customer advocacy, execute land and expand strategies. Working closely with your other AMER leaders, you will help to create a people-centric culture which is positive and engaging, and which will bring out the very best in your employees!
Our Customer Success Team’s mission is to empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource. We serve as strategic advisors, provide trusted support and act as the voice of our customers internally. Our customers’ success is the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
- You are an inspiring, high-energy leader who lives for working with people – both your team and customers.
- Your executive presence and strategic mindset enable you to build deep relationships with customers at the VP-level and C-Suite to impact change and serve as an escalation point for your team.
- You have a strong track record of building long term, strategic customer relationships across a diverse book of customers. Based on your experience, you know how to spot signals of opportunity and risk that others miss.
- You have a deep understanding of what Customer Success excellence looks like, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Commercially focused, you have experience leading revenue generating teams and are comfortable owning retention and growth targets. You have done an effective job managing and forecasting against revenue targets.
- You are data driven and analytical. You dig into the details to understand a situation and to identify potential gaps.
- A skilled communicator and collaborator, you are capable of building meaningful internal and external relationships and representing the interests of the Customer Success team effectively.
- You have a growth mindset and are a learner by nature, you push yourself and your teams to improve and develop. You make learning a priority for you people.
- As a people focused leader, you are capable of inspiring and motivating your teams and provide clarity on vision, purpose, and goals.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Working with the Commercial CS Leadership team for the Americas, you will lead the design and execution of the AMER Commercial Customer Success strategy to enable the team to achieve revenue and non-revenue targets, to help our customers achieve value through Udemy, and to equip your employees to achieve their potential.
- Coach and lead a team of up to 8 diverse Commercial Customer Success Managers with responsibility for achieving quarterly and annual retention, expansion, engagement, and advocacy goals.
- Collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders including Sales, Renewals, Product, and Marketing, ensuring inter-departmental alignment with customer expectations.
- Hire, retain, and develop a high-potential team of Customer Success Managers.
- Build strong executive relationships and act as a strategic thought partner with customers. Serve as a point of escalation for customers.
- Effectively forecast against revenue targets, and closely manage pipeline with CSMs.
- Develop and implement strategies and processes to enable the team to effectively identify and manage risk and opportunities in the Commercial business.
- Deliver authentic, transformational leadership so that the team is highly motivated and engaged.
- Build and maintain a culture which fosters teamwork, collaboration, and continuous learning while maintaining high expectations and a high bar for excellence.
- 7+ Years working with organizations in a customer facing capacity ideally at a SaaS or technology company (necessary), experience in professional services advantageous.
- 3+ Years managing and coaching Customer Success teams or similar functions
- Proven ability to partner with VP-level/C-Suite stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions
- Full lifecycle account management experience: including onboarding, implementation, product adoption, and expansion.
- Track record of achieving retention targets
- Experience driving growth in organizations through effective sales partnership, revenue diversification and customer value delivery.
- L&D/ HR Tech experience an advantage
Compensation: minimum starting at $109K base salary + Bonus + Equity + Benefits (See below)
We understand that not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your background isn’t perfectly aligned but you feel you would be a great addition to the team, we’d love to hear from you.
At Udemy, we’re all about improving lives through the power of learning. We are a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms with more than 54 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals. Talented people are everywhere, but opportunities can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by empowering our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
We are proud to be recognized for our world-class employee experience. Learn more about our Great Place to Work certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in the US, Turkey, Ireland, Australia, India, and Brazil. Learn more on our company page.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays throughout the year