Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
About the Role
Udemy is looking for a highly cross-functional product leader who will oversee the product strategy and execution of a scalable, global risk and payments platform across Udemy’s marketplace and subscription products. You will drive Udemy’s product strategy and execution, translating user needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap while working cross-functionally to deliver revenue or cost-impacting solutions. You’ll work directly with engineering, finance, design, user research, and data science, as well as with support teams and other product leaders to ship great products. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Udemy’s billing and payments platform, which serves millions of learners, instructors, and strategic partners around the world.
It will be your job to think through the automation of our money flow systems, the integrations of regional payment processors, and the management of financial risk. You will leverage your deep experience in developing platforms that support e-commerce; e.g., acceptance and disbursements, chargebacks and refunds, user authentication and verification, financial reporting, and reconciliation.
This candidate is also personable, collaborative, and flexible, with the drive to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholder groups. We are seeking a combination of strong technical vision, strategic leverage, team leadership, and high-velocity execution.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution of our global risk and payments platform, enabling regional and country-specific launches
- Build an in-depth understanding of our B2B and B2C customers, systems, and financial controls, within a global regulatory environment
- Develop market-informed priorities and requirements from our processors, partners, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering teams throughout the development process to deliver new features and capabilities
- Prioritize and develop appropriate phasing and roll-out plans, keeping resourcing and trade-offs in mind
- Define, monitor, and measure key metrics and KPIs; incorporate learnings into product definition and development process
- Influence executives and team members alike to direct the course of our technical solutions
- Communicate product vision to senior management and stakeholders
Were’ excited about you because you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience. Building scalable commerce integrations and experiences, launching financial products, testing new payment methods
- 3+ years of people management experience. Building, coaching, and leading high performing product teams
- Deep experience in global payments, two-sided marketplaces, financial risk, fraud mitigation
- Worked effectively with support teams and cross-functional product, design, and engineering leaders, making workflows and operations more efficient
- Influence; you’re good at inspiring and leading teams. You take the time to really understand individuals’ interests and sources of motivation
- A bias for action, who is able to move projects forward and lead global teams toward product solutions
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to use data analysis and A/B testing in order to improve the customer experience
- A good business sense and can see the big picture. You see how impacting one lever in a complex marketplace affects many others
- An understanding of how technology can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team to find elegant solutions
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving
- Experience collaborating with local and remote Product and Engineering teams (Turkey, United States, Ireland)
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is ideal
- Experience with delivering products for two-sided marketplaces/platforms
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey #5 Ireland
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin for Women
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.