We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
About the Position
Udemy Business is the leading online training solution for high-growth companies, global organizations and public sector organizations -- and we’re growing like crazy. We’re helping organizations large and small around the globe solve the critical skills gap that teams increasingly face, whether it’s the latest technology, marketing & sales, HR, professional & personal development skills and more. And we’re just getting started.
Our ideal account executive has refined their own sales processes, outbounding tactics, and has experience in team-selling motions. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of closing deals and attaining goals. We love to see energetic people who are passionate about learning who want to keep driving our mission forward. Having a growth mindset with the ability to adopt change quickly will be crucial for this person to be successful.
Please note this is a US-based position.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Manage a book of business of companies in Brazil sized 0-100 through the full sales cycle
- Sell both transactional and 6 figure strategic, new business and expansion deals
- Accurately forecast new sales pipelines along with add-on bookings
- Work cross-functionally with Sales/Business Development, Sales Ops, Customer Success, to drive the business forward
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1+ years of closing experience
- Ability to adapt, or willing to learn how to develop a growth mindset
- Motivated with a competitive spirit, who is also eager to learn yet humble
- B2B software experience, a plus
- Native or fluent proficiency in Portuguese
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19.