Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
While the ideal location is San Francisco, we are also able to hire remotely
Sr. Data Scientist, Udemy Business Marketing
Udemy is looking for a senior data scientist to partner with our ever growing Udemy for Business (UFB) marketing team. Udemy for Business is a curated solution of business-relevant and technical courses delivered through a simple platform to provide a business’s employees with the most engaging learning experience. Udemy data scientists focus on using a combination of both quantitative methods and business intuition to find actionable insights that drive key business decisions.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be partnering with business leaders, marketers, designers, and engineers to identify, scope, and execute on data-driven analyses to drive business decisions. You will serve as a UFB marketing subject matter expert, especially while working with other data scientists, and act as a data evangelist to create a data-driven culture across the company. Success in this role requires a combination of business intuition, practical data analysis experience, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
Here Are Some Questions You Could Be Working On:
- How do we measure the effectiveness of different levers to increase the UFB growth funnel?
- Which marketing levers help drive learner and administrator engagement?
- What can we do to optimize the UFB growth funnel?
- How can we segment users to create more customized marketing messaging?
- What key metrics can marketing levers help drive?
Here is what you will be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to inform business and UFB marketing decisions
- Effectively communicate and present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide technical mentorship to others
- Design and analyze standard experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Define metrics and build dashboards to track UFB marketing and business health
- Continuously improve the quality and accessibility of data
- Knowledge and willingness to use the right tool (a scripted model, a dashboard, a presentation) for each analysis
We Are Excited About You Because You Have:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, or 2+ years of relevant work experience with a post-graduate education such as MS or PhD in a quantitative field
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong business intuition and judgment
- Strong level data storytelling and data visualization ability
- Broad knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- Expert SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Ability to work autonomously, relentlessly prioritize, and collaborate with team members across time zones
Minimum Salary Requirement: $134,000.00
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.