Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sr Technology Engineer to troubleshoot issues and manage the systems used to our global employees.. The position will report to the IT Director.
- In this role, you will be responsible for supporting global employees.
- VIP/White Glove Support at headquarters required.
- Work closely with our technology vendors and our Technology department's System Administrators and IT Architects to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, engineering and administrative users
- Accountable for assigned trouble tickets, and leading the North American team to meet SLA’s
- Management of Zoom, G-suite and Slack Administration.
- Identify and escalate support trends
- Provides first tier user account level escalations
- Leads troubleshooting complex production support situations
- Leads support researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users
- Acts as a point of escalation for persistent technical issue
- Multi-platform computer system management (Linux, Apple OS X and Windows):
- Security policy/access rights
- Remote control
- Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management
- Participate in Supervisory coverage when requested
- Administering and maintaining virtual desktop environment
- GSuite Ownership and Best Practice implementation
- Enterprise level Antivirus administration / Support
- Provide timely project updates and status reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED; Associate or bachelor’s degree, a plus.
- 6+ years’ experience combined in roles listed
- 3+ years’ experience administering collaboration tools e.g. Slack, Zoom and G-Suite
- Experience managing MAC OS devices using device management tools such as JAMF Pro
- Strong customer service skills and adapt to servicing a varied customer base.
- Solid Zoom Management experience
- Solid G-Suite experience
- Strong drive and work ethic to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand global concepts or to see the “bigger picture” and recommend solutions accordingly.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and oral) with team members and management.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision or independently.