About the Role:
Engineers in the Payments team are dedicated to implement strategic billing and payment operations to support hundreds of transactions per minute globally. Our system supports hundreds of different payment methods globally, state of the art integration capabilities with top payment vendors (Stripe, PayPal, Adyen), full-stack responsible for all the purchase flow, scaled to payout thousands of instructors monthly, and always refactored to lead the way. The team plays a mission critical role in Udemy to ensure all the monetization capabilities are highly resilient and always provide the high quality experience.
Here's what you'll be doing:
We're excited about you because you:
- You will be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, which requires collaboration with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will be actively involved in every part of the software development cycle, such as designing, coding, reviewing, and test writing.
- You will relentlessly refactor existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
- You will be using best software development practices and processes, and willing to spread this knowledge/experience to the team.
- You’ll be contributing to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
Nice to have:
- Have BS/MS in CS or equivalent discipline.
- Have 1+ years of professional software development experience.
- Are team-oriented, friendly, reliable, humble, receptive to feedback, and gain satisfaction from teamwork.
- Are a great learner, and always seek for improvement points.
- Have a deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and software design abilities including object-oriented design patterns.
- Are self-driven, own your services by all dimensions and intrinsically have a desire to get things done
- Have experience in developing web applications.
- Experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, Kotlin
- Have basic understanding about software design of large-scale, caching, resiliency, databases, service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design and distributed programming.
- Experience with scalable data processing techniques such as Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch, Celery
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Testing methods and practices.
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Compan
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.