Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are building out future EMEA teams and are looking for a Sales Development Representative to help build out a market for Udemy for Business in EMEA. The SDR role is a critical front-end sales position where you will be dealing with all Udemy Business inbound inquiries. As an SDR, you will conduct discovery conversations with potential customers, use your understanding of Udemy Business to identify how we could help businesses and their employees do whatever comes next.
Udemy Business employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
We have created a fun, collaborative environment where success is built on teamwork and celebrated. We are committed to adaptation and growth in order to serve the needs of our customers while holding true to our values that make UB such a special place to be.
Sales Core Values:
Never stop learning
Udemy is passionate about an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all diverse communities.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Understand and convey the Udemy Business mission, value proposition, and product
- Become a brand ambassador by getting to know and love the Udemy Business product and story
- Maintain a high cadence of activities to develop inbound inquiries of Udemy Business through calls, video meetings, emails, and social media.
- Schedule product demonstrations with our Account Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Udemy Business
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team to develop and implement creative prospecting strategies.
- Manage and track your activities and results using Salesforce
- Maximise your own personal development through 1 to 1 coaching sessions with your manager and your wider team
- Ensuring you keep our culture and values at the forefront of your mind when interacting with our customers, colleagues and business partners.
- Maintain a target driven to reach and overachieve individual and team results
We’re excited about you because you have:
- A strong motivation to begin a sales career/College Degree, (BA/BS preferred)
- Self-motivated with a team player mentality, you’re passionate about your work
- Ability to develop compelling customer stories that deliver results, with a strong attention to detail and active listening
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills, ability to prioritise tasks and mange ambiguity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and telephone skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, feedback-driven environmentThe technical aptitude to master our sales tools, gather and use data to inform decisions and persuade others
- Motivation to develop a career in sales and eagerness to learn
- Working proficiency in English and German
What are some of the benefits of working at Udemy?
- Best in class employee training and onboarding
- Annual education allowance with unlimited access to the Udemy learning platform
- Dental plan
- Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
- Long term illness cover
- Free breakfast and lunch catered on-site
- 25 days holidays plus additional company discretionary days
- Flexible working hours (agreed with your manager)
- Gym discounts
- An amazing culture of always learning and supporting each other
- UBelong programs to foster inclusivity and being your authentic self at work
- We have 38 different nationalities in our Dublin office alone
- And lots more
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.