About the Role
Working within our IT Business Applications team, the Workday Adaptive Senior Business Systems Analyst will participate in project work and support to scale the Adaptive Insights Planning application to support our explosive business growth. An ideal candidate will have a finance background, advanced technical skills and in-depth knowledge of Adaptive planning and modeling. In this role, you will interact frequently with senior management and must become a trusted thought-leader to our extended business partners.
In the role you will be responsible for managing and maximizing the day-to-day functionality of Adaptive Insights and the integration with Workday HCM, Netsuite Financials, and Salesforce. This role will proactively support critical business strategies and work with our internal customers and build models to automate the budget & forecasting process, reporting, analyze trends, and extracts insights.
What you'll do:
- Administer and create the roadmap of Adaptive financial planning system.
- Lead existing Adaptive models and build new modules/models as needed
- Manage data integrations into Adaptive Insights from Workday HCM, Netsuite Financials, Saleforce and other source systems as appropriate, serve as primary point of contact for FP&A business teams
- Prepare artifacts such as requirement documents, tech specs, data flow diagrams and business architecture diagrams.
- Monitor deployment of additional cloud-based functionality/upgrades release by Workday/Adaptive, complete and coordinate testing and communication to key stakeholders
- Manage business rules impacting calculations, allocations and repositories built within Adaptive insights for the purposes of facilitating the Company's annual budgeting exercise and recurring forecasts
- Plan, review, and revise configurations and customizations to meet evolving business and operational needs
- Develop, document, and implement policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices to ensure data integrity and standardized end user processes
- Build reports and dashboards in Adaptive and in Tableau (a plus)
- Lead internal trainings and regular information sharing activities
- Troubleshoot intermittent data and/or break/fix issues
- Maintain user permissions and role access
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into effective & efficient application configuration
- Perform additional tasks related to the administration of Adaptive Insights as needed
- Liaise with Workday Community to identify and implement best practices
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or relevant functional finance industry experience with at minimum of 4+ years of Adaptive experience
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or relevant field
- Knowledge or experience of financial processes, especially Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Accounting, Financial and Management Reporting, and Workforce Planning
- Adaptive Insights expert; Netsuite, Salesforce, Tableau knowledge a plus
- Excellent data analysis skills, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Superior communication skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization
- Team player that embraces change and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong attention to detail
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year