Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is looking for a Business Development Solutions Engineer with excellent communication and organization skills, knowledge and experience with software development practices and techniques, and a strong passion to help businesses become modern “learning organizations”. The Business Development Solutions Engineer will work closely with Udemy’s Partnerships and Business Development team to focus on generating new business and ensuring the growth of existing accounts.
Success requires close collaboration, and orchestration with multiple teams including product, engineering, design, customer success, support, and a set of diverse partners around the world. You will need to understand key areas in a wide technical landscape from authentication protocols (e.g. SAML, OIDC, SCIM, OAuth) to RESTful/GraphQL API architecture, and be able to assist Partners in developing and troubleshooting their Udemy integration. Knowledge of common industry security protocols is a big plus.
Attaining business results with our Partners is vital, and the role will ensure we communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences (internally and externally). As the world so often changes around us, you will need to be comfortable in a fast pace and growing business. Given the diversity of job responsibilities, we expect the person in this role to revel in learning quickly "on the job", and pick up what is needed to get the job done.
The role reports into the Udemy for Business Solutions Engineering team, and will directly support our Business Development activities in pursuit of new Partnerships and ensuring success with existing accounts. This role will also heavily coordinate and rely on internal Product Development, Engineering, and Customer Support teams. Working remotely this role will support our global Partners and therefore requires some flexibility to overlap with business hours of our Partners.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for Partners, and internal teams on all aspects of Udemy Products in support of integrations with Partner ecosystems; e.g., via Web Single Sign-On and APIs (RESTful or GraphQL).
- Conduct discovery sessions and pertinent requirements with Partners
- Document Partner business cases/requirements, with Reference Architectures as needed, to effectively communicate success metrics and influence internal stakeholders
- Create code samples, demos, articles and tutorials for a highly technical audience
- Produce technical documentation, and developer outreach to support Partners as needed
- Create/Manage open source projects in partnerships with your Solutions Engineer colleagues
- Become a key contributor to Udemy’s community engagement for our Partners
- Implement and document general solutions for integrating Udemy with third-party SaaS applications
- Collaborate with the Solutions Engineering and Product teams to improve our integration services
We are interested in you if you have:
- An ability to learn quickly in a fast-growing and dynamic environment and self-driven, and are highly motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections in customer integrations
- Problem-solving in your DNA (Technical, Operational & Process)
- Willingness for 20% Travel
Technical experience with:
- Python (Django framework), java, modern JS frameworks (Angular, React)
- Experience working with microservices, REST, and GraphQL APIs.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) architecture (e.g., AWS).
- Experience with popular structured query languages (mysql, postgres, pl/sql).
- Solid understanding of Web authentication architectures and protocols (e.g., SAML 2.0, SCIM, OAuth/OpenID Connect), API architecture, SMTP (e.g, SendGrid), DNS (e.g., CloudFlare) and experience debugging Web applications (e.g., Chrome DevTools).
- An understanding of core security concepts; e.g., SSL/TLS, encryption ciphers, and data privacy.
- Hands-on experience architecting or deploying Single Sign-On (SSO) with SAML 2.0, OIDC, SCIM, Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth 2, across disparate identity solutions such as Okta, Azure/AD FS, PingOne/PingFederate, OneLogin.
- Hands-on experience architecting or deploying API-based integrations for SaaS Web Applications.
Qualifications and organizational experience:
- 6-8 years of enterprise Solution Engineering and Consulting experience in a SaaS organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent degree and experience.
Our recruitment team is eager to hear from you and will personally read every application in detail. So give it your best shot - take some time to submit your CV together with a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria we have outlined and most importantly why you’d love to be part of the team at Udemy.
We don’t have a closing date on our applications but we can’t wait to hear from you. Suitably qualified applicants will move through our ‘getting to know you’ process quickly and where we will outline the benefits of working with us including professional development opportunities and career growth, flexible work hours together with a remote working environment underpinned with the tools to set you up for success