Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey #5 in Dublin
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin for Women
Fortune: Change the World Company.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Design at Udemy
Udemy’s designers guide our global learning solutions, from concept through delivery of the shipped product, making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful. We work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, data scientists, UX researchers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences across all screens and devices for our diverse, international community. You’ll be an instrumental part of the design and product teams, influencing our product roadmap, design process, and everything in between. We’re a close-knit bunch who enjoy problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We are driven by our mission: “To improve lives through learning.”
About the role
Your focus will be on the insights and reporting experience. This involves providing insights to help customers to understand learning in their organization and to identify future learning needs. For this role you should have an interest in data and visualizing insights. You will collaborate closely with product management, engineering, research, customer success, data, and a set of diverse stakeholders across the company. Considering mid or senior level for this position.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Considering mid or senior level for this position.
- Seek qualitative and quantitative data to inform hypothesis about how to improve the Administrator user experience
- Collaborate with your team’s product manager, engineering lead and leadership to prioritize problems and opportunities
- Facilitate your teams effort to solve priority problems and opportunities through workshops and other ideation methods
- Drive the design process, taking solutions through multiple iterations and rounds of feedback with your team, stakeholders, the design group and the potential users.
- Validate solutions through research and customer feedback, evaluate and understand the impact, gaps and opportunities to improve.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ Years of Product design / UX design experience.
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that showcases your involvement, from research and discovery to visual design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love.
- Collaborated with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineers in your previous roles
- A toolbox of user centric design methods and a flair for visual design.
What we’re looking for
- You’re highly-collaborative and have a low-ego approach.
- You’re highly energetic and enthusiastic about designing data solutions for our B2B customers and rapidly iterating on those solutions based on their feedback.
- You’re open minded about everything and always looking to learn more about design, the ed tech industry and looking to try out new methods in your work.
- You’re capable of actively managing your time and communication strategy when dealing with collaborators across multiple time zones
- You’re an ambassador for design who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems.
- You’re comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and collaborate to define measurable milestones.
- You facilitate ideation within your product area and champion the users while managing stakeholder input.
- You regularly and clearly articulate your design process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decisions.
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- You have experience in leveraging design systems in your work to reduce the cost of shipping product while maintaining a cohesive user and brand experience.
- You can move high-priority projects toward delivery in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You have a refined aesthetic sensibility in your visual design work.
Application Saved Successfully
Thank you for your interest in Udemy! We received your application and we are delighted that you would consider joining our team. At Udemy our culture prizes education, growth, and accountability. We're excited that you would like to join our mission to change lives through learning.
Our team will review your application and will be in touch if your qualifications match our needs for the role. If you are not selected for this position, keep an eye on our careers page as we're growing and adding openings.