ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to partner with customers post-sale to drive adoption and ensure customer satisfaction, growth and retention.
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Our Customer Success Core Values
How We Do It
Our Customer Success Managers are responsible for partnering with our most valued customers, to help them successfully adopt our product (Udemy for Business) and in turn, ensure they meet their business goals.
We love people! We build relationships with learning champions and executives. We can’t wait to get onsite with customers. Internally, our team is close and loves to collaborate. We also put a ton of effort into building tight cross-functional partnerships with other departments at Udemy including Marketing, Product and Sales.
We are revenue-driven. We work closely with our Renewals Management and Sales partners to support renewal and expansion efforts. We are all working together in support of our business and customer goals.
We like going deep and wide. We aren’t yes people, order takers, or ticket triagers. We talk to our customers regularly and aren’t afraid of getting our hands dirty. We use our consultative mindset to help our customers plan their learning strategy, deploy new programs, and measure success. Our customer base is growing quickly, and we leverage the experience and creativity of our team to create new ways to engage and delight our customers.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Proactively own and manage the success of 40-50 strategic Udemy Business (UB) customers
- Understand our customer’s most important business outcomes to build a Udemy strategy that will enable them to achieve these goals and realize value
- In partnership with our Sales and Renewals partners, develop individual success plans to help achieve renewal and upsell targets.
- Consult with customers on their internal learning and development strategy, create and implement engagement strategies, and influence leaders to drive change across their organization
- Build and maintain executive level relationships through our role as trusted advisors
- Move customers through the Udemy Customer Journey to ensure customers are getting value across their UB partnership
- Working with product management to surface customer requests and help translate customer feedback into product requirements
- Identify customer advocacy opportunities for the Marketing teamOwn the creation of internal and customer facing processes, programs and materials to improve the quality and efficiency of our department
We're excited about you because you will have:
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management, consulting and/or sales experience
- Experience driving toward a revenue or renewal target and working with mid-market and enterprise level accounts
- Experience working with HR/L&D customers would be a plus, but not required
- Requires about 40% travel time
Minimum Salary: $78,000 + Bonus + Equity + Benefits (See Below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.