Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to partner with customers post-sale to drive adoption and ensure customer satisfaction, growth and retention.
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Our Customer Success Core Values
How We Do It
Our Customer Success Managers are responsible for partnering with our most valued customers, to help them successfully adopt our product (Udemy for Business) and in turn, ensure they meet their business goals.
We love people! We build relationships with learning champions and executives. We can’t wait to get onsite with customers. Internally, our team is close and loves to collaborate. We also put a ton of effort into building tight cross-functional partnerships with other departments at Udemy including Marketing, Product and Sales.
We are revenue-driven. We work closely with our Renewals Management and Sales partners to support renewal and expansion efforts. We are all working together in support of our business and customer goals.
We like going deep and wide. We aren’t yes people, order takers, or ticket triagers. We talk to our customers regularly and aren’t afraid of getting our hands dirty. We use our consultative mindset to help our customers plan their learning strategy, deploy new programs, and measure success. Our customer base is growing quickly, and we leverage the experience and creativity of our team to create new ways to engage and delight our customers.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Proactively own and manage the success of 40-50 strategic Udemy Business (UB) customers
- Understand our customer’s most important business outcomes to build a Udemy strategy that will enable them to achieve these goals and realize value
- In partnership with our Sales and Renewals partners, develop individual success plans to help achieve renewal and upsell targets.
- Consult with customers on their internal learning and development strategy, create and implement engagement strategies, and influence leaders to drive change across their organization
- Build and maintain executive level relationships through our role as trusted advisors
- Move customers through the Udemy Customer Journey to ensure customers are getting value across their UB partnership
- Working with product management to surface customer requests and help translate customer feedback into product requirements
- Identify customer advocacy opportunities for the Marketing teamOwn the creation of internal and customer facing processes, programs and materials to improve the quality and efficiency of our department
We're excited about you because you will have:
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management, consulting and/or sales experience
- Experience driving toward a revenue or renewal target and working with mid-market and enterprise level accounts
- Experience working with HR/L&D customers would be a plus, but not required
- Requires about 40% travel time