Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
About The Role
The Billing Analyst will be collaborating with Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, IT and Finance teams to ensure accuracy and review that billing operations and revenue recognition remains fully compliant with US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and company policies. This role will be responsible for assisting with month end close procedures and audit requests.
You dive in to understand and act on all activities associated with a hyper-growth SaaS business. You are humble and curious. You have an understanding of Enterprise SaaS dynamics and can build bridges and work cross functionally in a complex and global organization matrix and can contribute into effective scalable processes. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to provide timely and accurate revenue and receivables/collections guidance. You seek to understand the business justifications, KPIs, initiatives and blockers. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review customer contracts to establish revenue recognition in accordance to US GAAP and company policy
- Preparation and issuance of customer invoices to ensure prompt and accurate billing in compliance with contract terms
- Oversee response to billing and A/R inquiries (both internal and external)
- Participate in month-end close processes associated with Accounts Receivable to support timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
- Oversee maintenance of customer account information within Billing System(s) to ensure up-to-date address, terms, tax, and contact information
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on various systems projects including selection, implementation, and upgrades to A/R and Billing systems
- Exposure to revenue recognition and the review of revenue contracts for identifying non-standard contractual terms
- Ad-hoc, special projects, and other requests as needed
We're Excited About You Because You Have
- Bachelor’s degree required, with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred (US GAAP RevRec and Public Accounting experience a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in Billing, Accounts Receivables and Collection functions in a high volume environment, SaaS environment a plus
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and be able to change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment within minimal supervision
- Planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrate the ability to remain flexible and change priorities as needed.
- Exposure to international operations preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across departments and at different levels
- Intermediate MS Excel skills are highly desired (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Experience with NetSuite and SalesForce a plus
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.