Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Director of Customer Marketing to lead our global B2B customer marketing efforts for Udemy Business. In the last few years, we’ve experienced tremendous growth and we’re looking to bring on a marketing leader that can take our customer marketing strategy to the next level of scale and performance. We have two main sets of customers- admins who manage learning for their organization, and end-users who are the employees learning on the Udemy platform regularly.
The Director of Customer Marketing will report into the VP of Marketing for Udemy Business. This individual will have mastered translating customer insights and feedback into action. They will drive our customer segmentation strategy and partner with our customer success team to drive retention and upsell revenue at scale. This role can be based in San Francisco, Denver, or Austin.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Lead, coach, and mentor a growing customer marketing team.
- Establish a strong understanding of the customer lifecycle and customer journey via intelligent segmentation (for admins and end-users). Develop a flexible global execution framework and playbook for different customer segments.
- Analyze and establish metrics for learner engagement, customer retention/loyalty, customer segment health, and customer satisfaction.
- Be the expert on what drives scalable and repeatable models of learner engagement at the organizations we serve and improve our learner engagement metrics.
- Lead our customer advocacy program efforts, including the customer advisory board (CAB), in partnership with key marketing and customer success stakeholders.
- Develop and launch customer success enablement initiatives, including collateral and other materials our customers can utilize to drive engagement.
- Partner with Customer Success leadership teams around the world, to define new marketing programs and initiatives that drive B2B learner and admin engagement and account retention.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 7+ years working in and managing a team in digital marketing, marketing strategy, marketing communications, or customer marketing in a B2B environment. 4+ years of experience managing or overseeing B2B customer marketing is a plus.
- A proven track record of success in senior marketing roles in B2B organizations.
- Demonstrated a high bar for performance for yourself and others on your team.
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to execute on strategic programs that meet customer needs.
- Can balance the analytical and creative worlds to bring world-class marketing to life.
- Biased toward action, a great collaborator and a master at making the complex simple.
- Experience in understanding how to prioritize and drive projects to completion and success, working with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Track record of partnership with cross-functional teams, including work with account/customer management teams.
- Experience working with global teams and stakeholders.
- MBA is a plus.