Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
While the ideal location is San Francisco, we are also able to hire remotely.
Udemy is looking for a Data Science Manager for our growing Consumer Product Decision Science team. This team is a critical partner to the company’s product teams working on optimizing consumer engagement to grow the business by delivering the right value to its customers.
Our Consumer Product Decision Science team relies on quantitative methods and business intuition, and utilize a combination of modeling, experimentation, and causal inference methods to drive the product development process at Udemy.
Here Are Some Questions You Could Be Working On:
- How do we incentivize instructors to produce new content types and learning experiences for our subscription product?
- What user attributes and behaviors drive trial activation and renewals?
- How do we assess the impact of the native mobile experience on learner engagement and retention?
- How do we measure the overall health of the mobile experience for learners and instructors?
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Be a subject matter expert and thought leader in the domain
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to shape the team’s roadmap and drive execution
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Consumer Product Decision Science team
- Provide both technical and strategic guidance to team members
- Design and analyze randomized controlled experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Define metrics and build dashboards to track the health of the product.
- Proactively influence prioritization through data-driven insights
- Effectively communicate and present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We Are Excited About You Because You Have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience (or 4+ years with post-graduate education such as MS or PhD.) and a background in statistical/ML modeling, optimization, causal inference/econometrics, and experimental design.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong business and product intuition as well as judgment.
- Strong data storytelling and data visualization ability.
- Strong SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (Python strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with data pipeline building (e.g. in Hive, Spark) and workflow tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Ability to work autonomously and has a strong interest to take ownership and lead while effectively partnering with stakeholders.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, Chartio, or Tableau)
- People leadership experience