As a Technical SEO Manager, you’ll be responsible for assessing our web platform using site crawlers combined with internal data to identify opportunities that will drive a direct impact to our organic growth targets. You will be reporting to the SEO & Site Experience Lead while working closely with Product, Engineering, Design, Content Marketing, and other internal teams to help identify and seize key opportunities. Operating as a SEO TechnicalManager, you will have a unique opportunity to learn from a world-class marketing team while also being embedded within our product org. Your contribution will have a lasting impact on millions of students, thousands of instructors, and Udemy’s business growth. You’ll be thinking big and small, and will help not only identify but also prioritize key initiatives aimed at driving value to our users and promoting our business globally.
ABOUT YOU: We’re on the search for someone who is passionate about digital marketing and holds a fervent desire to understand users, how they express their intent, and how search engines work. As a Technical SEO Manager you will have to think creatively and strategically in order to navigate through complex problems. You will exercise strong analytical skills, show attention to detail, and the ability to effectively articulate your thoughts. You are self-motivated and feel comfortable working autonomously. You are able to foster strong relationships with partners and cross-functional teams. The right person is a hands-on go-getter, who is scrappy and excels in a high pace, goal-oriented environment.
The Technical SEO Manager duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner closely with our Product, Engineering, and Design teams to identify experiments on our consumer marketplace and within our products to improve UX and SEO
- Plan, execute and measure complex programs to reactively remove low-quality content and proactively optimize new content on our marketplace in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Analyze large datasets derived from multiple sources (e.g. keyword data, web crawls, web analytics, etc.), and identify opportunities to improve our user experience and SEO performance.
- Collaborate with other marketing teams, product teams, and other internal teams to understand needs and define requirements.
- Build compelling business cases for product enhancements and new products by conducting market sizing, competitive benchmarking, and user behavior analyses.
- Build reporting dashboards in partnership with our Data Science team to monitor and effectively communicate the performance of SEO initiatives to business partners.
- Present and provide insights through data visualization of key metrics to a cross-functional team that includes product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Collaborate with content writers to support Content Marketing strategy and ensure the production of high-quality content.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analytics or D2C E-commerce
- Advanced skills in Excel is required
- Interested in continuing to develop a career in marketing/SEO, product, or analytics
- Strong understanding of how search engines work and how this knowledge can be leveraged to provide value to users
- Strong initiative to create new projects and drive them through to completion.
- Familiarity with SimilarWeb, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Amplitude is a plus
- Proficiency in basic SQL
- Strong ability to execute high-touch SEO tactics
Nice to have
- Agility in workflow, ability to swap between tasks
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Python
This role can be US remote.
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice
xWe’re looking for a talented, creative problem solver who is passionate about the intersection of learning and development, business, and technology. With tens of millions of users and billions of learning interactions, Udemy is the world’s largest online education platform, aiming to improve lives through learning.