Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
Design at Udemy
Udemy’s designers guide our global learning solutions, from concept through delivery of the shipped product, making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful. We work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, data scientists, UX researchers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences across all screens and devices for our diverse, international community. You’ll be an instrumental part of the design and product teams, influencing our product roadmap, design process, and everything in between. We’re a close-knit bunch who enjoy problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork.
We are driven by our mission: “To improve lives through learning.”
About This Role
As our Senior Product Designer, Loyalty and Partnerships Lead, you will own the green space on our loyalty and partnerships platform, with a particular focus on marketing technology and financial products. Your playground will include end-to-end flows across our products, as well as defining the user experience for our marketing-driven loyalty programs.
This role will encompass several key touchpoints, including partnership integrations, custom landing experiences, frictionless checkout, all leading to our ultimate goal of students successfully meeting their learning needs with Udemy.
This role will regularly interface with our Turkish team, and so the ideal candidate would be based on the East Coast to work with the time difference.
Opportunities and challenges:
- Concept and implement a UX strategy and designs for key entry points to Udemy’s product from various marketing channels
- Help drive users to trust our platform and commit to purchase actions through enhanced checkout experiences
- Play an integral part in the evolution of our marketing efforts such as couponing and discount offerings
- Leverage and evolve our product development framework and resources, including: Design system and shared components, Direct User Research, A/B Testing, Instrumentation (Amplitude, Full Story, …)
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human and Computer Interaction, Web Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent practical work experience
- 4+ Years of Product Design experience, of which 2 at least in a high-traffic eCommerce environment
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that showcases your involvement, from research and discovery to visual design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love
- A design practice where highly refined visual design and communication skills complement a fascination with behavioral psychology
- You’re excited to work on a team of world-class design, product, research, and engineering talent to make a product that millions of people around the world use to teach and learn new skills
What we look for:
- You’re an ambassador for design who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems
- You’re comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and collaborate to define measurable milestones
- You facilitate ideation within your product area and champion the users while managing stakeholder input
- You regularly and clearly articulate your design process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decisionsYou demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- You have mastery of hierarchy, white space, typography, composition, and demonstrate a refined aesthetic sensibility in your visual design work
- You know how to extract insight from successful and unsuccessful experiments, learn from your mistakes, and identify what you could do differently in the future
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation. #LI-KE1 #Remote
Candidates from Colorado can view EPEWA information here