Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
While the ideal location is San Francisco, we are also able to hire remotely.
As a decision science manager partnering with Marketing at Udemy, you will be responsible for leading a team of decision scientists and driving meaningful business impact via thought leadership. We are looking for a sharp, independent data leader with a talent for drawing structure out of ambiguity, a relentless focus on driving meaningful business impact, and a passion for improving lives through learning.
Decision scientists draw on a combination of quantitative methods and business intuition to find actionable insights that drive key business decisions at Udemy. Our marketing decision science team supports Udemy’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) user growth and demand generation.
Here Are Some Questions You Could Be Working On:
- What is the ideal cadence for marketing emails?
- How should we determine the incremental value of different marketing channels?
- How can we improve performance within marketing channels by optimizing bids and bidding strategies?
- What types of ad creatives are most effective?
- What drives variability in channel or campaign performance?
Here is what you will be doing:
- Recruit, hire, and retain an amazing team of high caliber decision scientists
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members
- Drive and execute key analytic projects and initiatives when needed
- Identify critical business problems and develop analytical solutions
- Partner with marketing leaders to shape the team’s roadmap and drive execution
- Collaborate with other data leaders to define Udemy’s long-term data strategy/vision
- Maintain high quality standards for data science work and recruiting
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We Are Excited About You Because You Have:
- 2+ years of experience working in marketing analytics analyzing the performance of paid and unpaid marketing channels, including paid search, affiliate marketing, SEO, and/or offline marketing
- 1+ years of experience managing and growing high performance data science teams
- 7+ years of industry experience in a decision science context
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders of all levels
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inferenceProficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)