As a Senior Engineering Manager of the Customer Data Platform team, you will work with your team members to build and evolve a robust and highly scalable platform to unify rich datasets and to share with partners throughout Udemy and external applications. The platform will empower complex features and use-cases that includes personalization and segmentation among others. We are seeking an analytical and dynamic engineering leader who will collaborate closely with leadership across multiple disciplines to set the vision, guide technical direction, and continue to grow the team.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Lean on expert knowledge on data platforms to guide the team to efficiently store and connect data with stakeholders and applications
- Collaborate with engineering, product, data science, marketing teams and also with leadership group to effectively and securely utilize customer data
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to understand, refine and translate requirements to scalable solutions that support business initiatives
- Lead a team of engineers to identify approaches, align on architect technical designs and build solutions that are reliable, scalable and maintainable
- Build a high performance engineering team. Hire, coach and mentor individual contributors. Set clear, measurable goals for the team and individuals
- Encourage innovation and creativity. Bubble up ideas and projects to senior management or recommend system improvements to support business growth
- Execute sprint plans, communicate project status and driving team to meet deliverables
- Foster collaborations and culture of continuous Engineering excellence
We are excited about you because you have:
- B.S. degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related technical fields
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of data platform / infrastructures experience
- 4+ years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record building robust, scalable, distributed systems solutions for customer-centric products
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and high-throughput ETL/ELT workflows
- Experience working with multiple storage technologies, large datasets, and data pipelines
- Strong understanding of personalization technologies and best practices
- Strong technical skills with proven track record of successful product delivery as an individual contributor and a technical leader
- Ability to execute in fast-paced environments and performance-driven culture
- Record of hiring top talent and developing talent
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.